Voiding an invoice is akin to deleting or canceling it in principle. Yet, voiding preserves a paper trail, enabling you to locate the invoice by its number. Voided invoices are considered as having zero value for reporting and are not payable. Importantly, this status is final, meaning the invoice’s status remains unalterable.
Once you void an invoice, it remains accessible through the UI views and shows a status
voided indicating it has been voided.
You can void an invoice only when it’s in a
finalized status, and the payment status is not
To void an invoice using the user interface:
- Go to the “Invoices” list;
- Click the ellipse ”…” button of a finalized invoice;
- Select “Void Invoice”; and
- Confirm the invoice you wish to void.
Invoice voiding restrictions
You cannot void an invoice when:
- The invoice is in a
draftstatus, which means it hasn’t been finalized yet.
- The payment status of the invoice is
succeeded, indicating that the payment has been successfully processed.
- A credit note has already been issued for the same invoice, as this would create accounting conflicts.
- It has already been voided before.
Invoice voiding with applied discounts
- Coupons applied to an invoice that is voided will be forfeited and lost.
- Prepaid credits from wallets linked to a voided invoice are refunded, provided the wallet is still active and not terminated.
- Credit notes applied to a voided invoice are refunded to the credit note wallet.